jillgoes

jillgoes

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sheila, The Adorable Puppy

 Happy Memorial Day to all of my family, friends, and blog friends.  I do so appreciate the sacrifices our military people have made over the years to guarantee the freedoms we have yet so often take for granted.  A big THANK YOU to all present and past armed forces personnel.

I was thinking about how people spend the three day Memorial Day weekend in such a variety of ways:  family picnics, mini travel trips, swimming pool openings, motorcycle/bike rides, or maybe just a quiet weekend at home doing simple things.

We have spent it at home this year, just enjoying each other, working on chores and household projects, and relaxing.  I saw a quote somewhere recently:  "The thing I love most about my home is the people I share it with."  True.  So true.

I am also fond of our puppy.  If you do not like pets and do not want to read about and see pictures of the most-adorable-and-sweet-and-lovable-in-the-whole-world-except-when-she-is-annoying-or-messy ten month 60 pound Weimaraner girl puppy, STOP READING NOW, and I will see you back here tomorrow.   Otherwise, I thought that it's about time I introduce you to her.  After all, she is a very large and obvious presence in the household.  Meet Sheila, my son Caleb's (but mostly ours because he works a lot and flies airplanes and stuff) dog.

"My eyes were blue when I was little, but not anymore."

"Hi.  I'm Sheila.  And YOU are my favorite thing!"
"This is my main man Caleb.  I love him.  He's my favorite thing!"

"This is my bed.  I like to drag it around the house.  It's my favorite thing!"
"Sometimes I like to 'nurse it.'  It's my favorite thing!"
"I like to balance things on my nose.  It's my favorite thing!"
"I found this toy in an empty air conditioner box.  It's my favorite thing!"
"This toy fell down from the maple tree.  It's my favorite thing!"
"Last night I tried whipped creme.  I love it!  It's my favorite thing!"
Perhaps you will enjoy this Dog vs. Cat Diary I found:




The Dog's Diary
  8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
  9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
  9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
  1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
  3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
  5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
  7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
  8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary
Day 983 of My Captivity
    My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
    The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!
    There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
    Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

    I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
In closing, Sheila has a message for you.  Click on the photo to enlarge, if needed.

"You're my favorite thing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment