jillgoes

jillgoes

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Celebrations!

...and even some CONGRATULATIONS are in order!  Stuff is happening in the family!  Stuff that is worthy of celebrating.  (I can always find a reason to celebrate.  I just look at the calendar and there they are.)  Here are a few I see:

Armed Forces Day (USA)
Victoria Day (Canada)
Flag Day (USA)
St. John The Baptist Day (QUE.)  huh?
Canada Day (Canada)
Civic Holiday (Canada)
Patriot Day (USA)

...and on and on.  You get the picture.  One can always find a good reason to have a donut and glass of wine and celebrate.

So I thought I would give a little update on some of MY FAMILY HAPPENINGS, and introduce a few more of the family members.  I love love love my people.

1.  Caleb (my youngest of 4 children) recently completed his first solo airplane flight.  He is a few hours away from obtaining his first fixed wing flight certificate.



2.  Bob (husband/lover/best friend) had a birthday yesterday, May 9th.  He is working in his 39th year at Conagra Foods.

He is still WAY older than me.

3.  Sarah (my 3rd of 4 children) will graduate this Saturday, May 12 with her Masters of Education degree in Educational Foundations.  CONGRATULATIONS SARAH!  We are so proud of you!  Sarah is a music and reading teacher in a charter school in Toledo, Ohio.  She works with many students having autism and other special needs.

She's smart.  Cute too.

4.  Tori and Brianna (world's cutest twin granddaughters) will celebrate their 6th birthday this Saturday, May 12 too, with a party for family and classmates at a roller skating rink.  It should be wild.  Being in two different classrooms, they have LOTS of classmates.

Brianna on left, Tori on right

5.  Rachel (my oldest child and mother of the twins) will celebrate her birthday on June 9th.  Rachel is a registered nurse working in the local hospital's emergency room.  She is also one of the two SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) nurses at the hospital.  



6.  Ellie (THE CUTEST GRANDBABY IN THE WHOLE WORLD - DON'T EVEN DEBATE WITH ME ABOUT IT) will turn one on June 10th, and there will be a very large festive party to enjoy the milestone.

I just want to kiss those cheeks!

Here's another one just because I love her.

7.  Lindsay (my 2nd of 4 children and mother of Ellie) has recently reached a personal fitness goal.  This is GREAT news and worthy of celebrating as she has suffered from a resistant thyroid cancer for the last 7 years.  

Sorry for the blurriness.  Lindsay is camera-shy and this is one of the few recent pictures I have.
I love my family, and like many other families, we have our issues and difficulties.  But no matter what, we are tight and we love one another, and we love celebrating life's special moments together.

We are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to each and every one of these accomplishments! May God richly bless all of you! What a beautiful and talented family!!! Great seeing you at the eye doctor yesterday, Jill!

    ReplyDelete