jillgoes

jillgoes

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another "Word" For My List

My husband said the "A" word the other day.  But I will get to that later.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may recall that I have a large fascination with finding and learning new words.  I make lists of words I have just found, words I like, and words I don't like.  See this blog entry of mine if you want to read about this extremely weird obsession hobby of mine.

Anyway, this whole issue came about because I was dreaming.  You know how you dream about having things you know you'll never in seven eternities have, but you still like dreaming about having them anyway?  There's just some kind of wacky pleasure/torture thing going on when this is happening.

Well I was dreaming, and doing it out loud.  I mentioned to my husband that I've lately been drifting off in my mind toward a fantasyland in which we owned a small beach cottage.  I'm not a serious beach person by any means, and I hate sand in fact.  However, whenever we have taken family vacations to the beach, I just have such a wonderful time, and all feels right with the world when I'm there.


So the husband/lover/best friend asks me why I'd want a cottage at the beach, and I explained to him that I cannot exactly explain why.  I blathered on and on about just liking being near the ocean breezes, and about feeling good there, and how just the smell of the saltwater elevates my general feeling of well being.  

Without a pause he says the "A" word I referred to above:  "Well that's because of the amorphylization of shellfish."

He does this sometimes.  Right out of the blue he comes up with such unadulterated bulls**t  that it just takes me aback.  I looked over at him (he was driving and I was in the passenger seat) to see if there was a hint of a smirk or anything.  No smirking, no snickering, no snorting.   

WOW.  I know that word needs to go on one of my lists, it's just a matter of which list.  

So I looked up "amorphylization" and feeling like a fool, read "no results found for amorphylization."  I've been had, but really this is just more proof that he is very full of "it."

I still plan to enjoy going to the beach once in a while, but whether or not I ever get the little beach cottage I dream of, if the shellfish are amorphylizing, I don't want to know about it.



1 comment:

  1. Even though it isn't a real word, it should be. You have a great husband there who can come up with such great words.

    ReplyDelete