jillgoes

jillgoes

Monday, June 10, 2013

Adding to the Collection

I love finding and adding new words to my ever expanding collection of cool verbage.  I've been saving a few for a while, and now it's time to share them with you.

Here they are, in no particular order of amazingness:

1.  fliffis - a twisting double somersault, usually done on a trampolene.  I heard this word my first time during the last round of Olympics.


2.  conching - the final mixing/mashing step in the process of making chocolate.  Conching determines ultimately how smooth the chocolate will be.  We saw the conching machine recently at the Hershey Chocolate World tour in Hershey, Pennsylvania.


3.  pashmak - a Persian variety of cotton candy made of sesame and sugar


4.  omer - an ancient unit of measure.  In the Biblical Old Testament, Moses directed the people to gather an omer of manna a person, each day.  No more, no less.


5.  hoodoos - red rock spires found in Bryce Canyon, Utah.  I have seen these but one trip there is definitely not enough.  I need to go back again.  I particularly like the sound of this word.


6.  schadenfreude - feeling good about others' misfortune.  I came across this word recently while watching the musical "Avenue Q."  Admit it - we've all done this.


7.  exhaustipated - too tired to give a crap.  Is this a real word?  I don't know, but I like it, and so I will need to use it.


That's it for today folks.  If you have any good ones to add to the pile, please share them.

3 comments:

  1. I have often felt exhaustipated! lol I love hoodoos and have been to Bryce as well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were in Ft. Davis state park in west Texas, there were rock formations in that area, also. I will have to go look and see if I took any pictures of them. If so, I will post one for you tomorrow on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite...exhaustipated. Sums up most of my past working days.

    ReplyDelete