Of course that would only be
The cavemen were responsible for hunting, killing, and dragging big game back to the homestead, then sitting around the fire and bragging about it with the other cavemen.
So jump to modern times, and I see how my chores are lined up before me. It's the end of the week, and I will follow through the age-old tradition of what we women just do.
I will go pickin' and gatherin.'
1. I will write up my menu of meals for the coming week ------->write up my grocery list --------> go to the food store / market and purchase what I need. A big thank you goes to friend Erin Wagner for some of the following pictures from our local market.
2. Next, with great trepidation, I will stop at Wal-mart. Wal-mart is a dangerous place on Fridays, see my blog about it here.
|Just another eccentric Wal-mart shopper|
3. I will buy my meats at the meat market, rush home, put away the cold food, and by then it will probably be time for a hurried lunch.
4. My next stop (every other Friday) is to my nail guy Johnn, for a manicure or pedicure, whichever is scheduled. All this pickin' and gatherin' wears down a gal, and we need to stay on top of things and keep ourselves looking good.
5. I will pick up a small amount of cash at the bank drive thru window. I don't carry much cash any more. Like most people these days, using a bank card or credit card seems much easier. Sometimes though, tipping requires cash.
6. A stop at the post office is usually on my Friday run, to mail off a big pile of paid bills and sometimes to buy stamps. (Changing over to automatic bill paying is on my list of things to do, for sure.)
7. I may stop at the local health store if I need something there, or just if I want to find some new healthy item to incorporate into our diet. (Couscous, quinoa, and other weird stuff.)
8. I will stop at my local coffee store if I am low on ground coffee, but mainly because I love opening a new bag of coffee and sniffing in there.
|Who am I kidding, I usually get a donut too.|
10. Fill up the car with gas. If I am lucky, I will have enough "gas points" from the grocery store to save 20 or 30 cents a gallon. I love that.
I'm sure there are some other stops on some Fridays, but this is my basic pickin' and gatherin' routine. Sometimes it takes up just about the whole day, but I enjoy the ritual. Truly I do.
How about you? Do you have pickin' and gatherin' routes?