It is the first of the month of JULY to be specific.
That means, it is daughter Lindsay's birthday. Happy birthday Lindsay!
And, it is also our 34th wedding anniversary. Happy life to us!
Yes, I did spend all of my anniversary in 1982 laboring to give birth. It was a 26 hour labor, the longest of any of my children's labors. In spite of the long labor, she was the smallest birth weight of my four children, and the best anniversary gift we could ever hope to receive.
Apart from these two great happenings on JULY 1st each year, on the first day of EACH month I do my usual anal first-of-the-month chores. I just can't stop myself. I have to have lists, and I have to be able to cross things off the lists. It just gives me that little jolt of satisfaction and feeling like I accomplished something, when in reality, nothing much has happened. Weird? Yea. I could write "breathe" on a list, then check it off at the end of the day and feel like I had purposely done something.
So here's my ridiculous
but I have to do it anyway list for the first day of each month:
1. Feed all houseplants. I mean the plant food stuff, not just water. (Watering is on another list.)
2. Clean out the wash machine drain thingie. (It's a little trap door down near the floor with disgusting water in it. I just call the husband/lover/best friend to take care of it, and then I check it off my list.)
3. Refresh the wash machine. "Tide's oxygenated formula helps remove odor causing residues that build up on the surface of your washer over time - even from areas you can't see." OK, I'll buy that. Check.
4. Use the fuzzy mop thing to remove all cobweb dingle-dangles. Yup, I do this. We have a streetlight right out front of our house and it seems to attract spiders and bugs. They like to come in. I don't like them to come in.
5. Put the recycling stuff out on the curb for the monthly pickup.
6. Refresh the garbage disposal. Disposer Care Garbage Disposer Freshener tablets "rinse away foul odor." Wouldn't want any of that around. The dog and the boys give off plenty of that, thank you very much, and there's no tablet for that.
Well there you have it. Aren't I just the fourth cousin thrice removed from Martha