jillgoes

jillgoes

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Third of Six Projects Complete - Yeeha!

If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know I am a chronic list maker.  I will put the smallest task onto a list, just to get a later jolt of satisfaction when I check it off the list.  Yeah, I'm one of those people.

Also, you may recall reading my previous reports when project #1 (staining the fence around our property) was completed, and two days later when project #2 (new soffits and eaves) was done.

Additionally you may remember that my five item list blossomed into six, when I discovered that gutters were not part of the soffits and eaves contract.

Today I am happy to report that I have crossed project #3 off of the list - painting the garage.

Back at the start of the project
We had our house painted several years ago, and were not overly happy with the job that the painters did, so we had planned to paint the garage to match the house by ourselves.

We know how life works.  It gets ahead of you and then several weeks become several months, and then before you know it a couple of years have passed.

So, we hired son Caleb and SIL Lance to paint the garage.  It was a good learning experience for both of them, and a better deal for us than hiring a professional crew.  We knew these two guys would do good work.

They did a fine job, and we're happy that the color scheme finally matches the house, and also that it looks more pleasant when viewed from our back patio.

Here are several looks at the finished garage from the yard:



















We decided to keep the three large garage doors white.  They are only visible from the alley.  Here is one final view looking at the back of the garage:


Progress.  I love progress.  Checking off the list.

Three projects done, three to go.  

That is, until we add more.

4 comments:

  1. I think you should have painted them both paisley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good painting crew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous job gentlemen. Really pretty Jill and I love the white doors too.

    Isn't it great making a check mark. I love my lists too, too bad they never seem to get smaller. heehee

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete