jillgoes

jillgoes

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Few Random Bits and Pieces

Looking through my photo collection, I'm seeing several I've saved that I want to share with you.  They have nothing to do with each other - they are just random things I've seen in recent days.  Enjoy!

This pair of cardinals were enjoying their bath the other day in our waterfalls.  So pretty.  It seems that there are certain times of the day when the birds gather for bathing.  Sometimes there are so many that it's like a Roman spa out there.


Here's some random weirdness.  This is what I saw hanging on the inside of a stall door in the public ladies' room recently in the Bon Ton department store at our local mall.  What do you make of this?  Did a shoplifter change her mind?  


The husband and I would love to return to the beach sometime this Fall while Mack's Pizza is still open before the cold weather sets in.  When I saw this sign, it hit home.  Sometimes we even think of camping near the beach for an entire summer.  


We saw this old gas station piece recently out front of a restaurant where we ate. 


 The scary thing is that I do remember when gas was this cheap.  Yes, I'm that old.


Someday I want to see these when I am snorkeling.  I don't know what they are, but they are amazing.


A few odd/scary things were seen during a recent trip with the family to an amusement park.  Here is granddaughter Ellie turning her nose up at funnel cakes.  Can you imagine?  Isn't that why you go to an amusement park?


And this man, who I believe is the grandfather of the boy in front of him, could frighten any kid or adult.  If I hadn't seen them get on the ride together with my own eyes, this picture would be the stuff of my nightmares.


And finally, here's a sign I can appreciate.  Lately I've been a feeding ground for our local bugs.


I'm heading off now to spend some time with the grandtwins in their new (moved into 3 days ago) home.  

Enjoy the rest of your weekends, folks.

3 comments:

  1. I must be a lot older than you, because I remember buying gas in my home town of Butler, PA for twenty cents a gallon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind is still at the beach as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that waterfall garden seriously in your backyard?

    And your worried about a matching garage? ::giggle:: I think I would never be able to leave there. EVER. That is gorgeous.

    I love our cardinals here too. VA state bird. For the first time living in this state [I've been here 42 years] I have been hearing a whippoorwill in the woods behind our temp home. It's the prettiest thing. After a bit of research I found they are almost endangered and very rare. So, I feel lucky for the experience.

    Now I am just trying to figure out how to get the little guy to hop in the moving truck with us.

    And Pooldad is with your granddaughter on funnel cakes. He calls them "funeral cakes" and refuses to eat them. My husband - the man who eats anything.

    Have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete