jillgoes

jillgoes

Saturday, July 27, 2013

YELLOW

In our yard, July 2013
For many, many years now, yellow has been my favorite color.  When I was a young girl, I really liked purple, but sometime between adolescence and young adulthood, my preference shifted to yellow.  (Purple is still running a tight second, though.)

I have found that most people do have a favorite color, or perhaps two.  If you ask someone what is his/her favorite color, they will usually tell you without much thought.

I think yellow is a great color and everyone should like it as much as I do.

In our yard, July 2013
From what I've read, yellow things have numerous healthy applications:

1.  If you extract the oil from dandelion, it acts as a moisturizer.  Numerous beauty products incorporate dandelion oil in their concoctions.

2.  If you wear lip balm containing lemon oil, your mood can be improved from the smell that wafts up into your nose.

3.  Honey is the all natural kitchen cure for summer skin bummers like bug bites and scrapes.  It has been shown to soothe skin and help prevent infection.

4.  If you spray on a grapefruit scent, when others smell you, they judge you to be up to 5 years younger than you really are.  Perhaps I will take a grapefruit bath tomorrow morning.

5.  If you start your day by wearing a bright yellow piece of clothing, studies have shown that you will associate your day with happiness and have a positive emotional state.

Jamaica, May 2012
Because yellow was my favorite color, my wedding colors were yellow for the female attendants, and brown for the males.

Jamaica, May 2012
I can think of numerous things that are my favorites, and happen to be yellow too:

1.  My favorite vegetable is corn.

2.  My favorite fruits are bananas and bartlett pears.

3.  My favorite condiment is butter.  

4.  I lean toward yellows in my home decor.  Or, should I say, I try not to use yellow too much.

St. Lucia snorkeling trip, May 2013
Is it any surprise that I prefer yellow gold jewelry over white (silver-colored) gold?

St. Lucia, May 2013
I'm off now to have a snack.

Probably some potato chips (yellow of course.)

Have you ever met a person who doesn't have a favorite color?  What's your favorite color?

8 comments:

  1. Interesting facts about the color yellow. Still, my favorite is 'blue'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever someone asks me for my favorite color, I have no idea what to say. I guess I have never had one. I am very fond of the combo red, white and blue though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lots of color, but the ones I love the most occure in nature. BTW, corn is a grain, not a vegetable. Did you know that corn is universaly contaminated with mico-toxins? We don't eat it at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all colors, but mostly red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow has always been my favorite color and for exactly the reasons you stated. It is so dang HAPPY. It makes me feel good. I can't wear it too much anymore because of the change in my pallor [I look even sicker with it on. hee] But I love to have splashes of it in my decorating and accent in my clothing.

    Ozcarz came in yellow too - but it was such a pale, buttery yellow it wasn't quite the happy, happy, go, go yellow I like so much. So I picked that screaming green color and it makes me just as happy.

    I had to laugh because your two favorite colors are my daughter's school colors. A lot of yellow and purple clothing gets worn in these parts. Go DUUUUUUUUUUKES! [James Madison University in VA]

    Hugs to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and actually corn is a vegetable, a grain and a fruit [believe it or not]. It depends on when it is harvested to differentiate between the vegetable and grain definition.

      And I always wondered if people refuse to eat corn because of the threat of micro toxins then are they also vegetarians, because beef, chicken and pigs are all feed corn [grain]? That would be tough.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jill. My favorite color used to be yellow but I look terrible in it so my favorite has changed to a light blue since I look best in it and it is the color of gorgeous skies and beautiful water. Thanks so much for the comment on the Abbe. I tried to find an email address to write to you personally but I have drawn a line in the sand over google+ being forced on me so since I don't do that, I have a hard time communicating with people who do. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm down with you and SkippyMom! Yellow is certainly the best colour. I have a hard time understanding why many people don't agree. Those people are what I call "wrong". =;^)

    ReplyDelete