jillgoes

jillgoes

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Take This Christmas Quiz

'Tis the season for....watching lots of Christmas movies.  The old classics, kiddie cartoons, comedy, drama, romance - you name it.  There's probably a movie to suit any particular taste.

Unfortunately the movie collage at the right is fairly blurry.  I'll blame that on Google image quality.  However, that's a good thing because I don't really want to give away too many clues for the fun quiz I have for you here today.

If you consider yourself to be an expert on many of the classic Christmas movies that have been produced down through the decades, here's your chance to prove yourself.

I will list fifteen quotes from popular Christmas movies, and you can try and name the Christmas flick.  After making your guesses, check the answers at the end of this post, and keep score.  I quizzed daughter Sarah moments ago, and she achieved a score of 12/15.  She is 28.  These movies span several decades.

Get out some movie popcorn and raisinets, too.  Sit back, relax, and make your guesses.  Here goes:

1.  "Can I fill your eggnog for you?  Get you something to eat?  Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

2.  "If  you really love Christmas, come on and let it snow."

3.  "Merry Christmas you wonderful old Building and Loan!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Well hello there Mr. Bank Examiner."

4.  "I never thought it was such a bad little tree.  It's not bad at all, really.  Maybe it just needs a little love."

5.  "Sometimes seeing is believing.  And sometimes the most real things are those things we cannot see."

6.  "Well I would greatly like to oblige, Mr. Collins, but I cannot make this reindeer fly...He only flies on Christmas eve."

7.  "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

8.  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you twice and then linger on the second one."

9.  "Yes!  Yes I do!  I like Christmas!  I love Christmas!"

10.  "Be it ever so heinous, there's no place like home."

11.  "I didn't really wanna run away.  I just wanted you to find me and bring me back here and tell me things are gonna be okay - like they used to be."

12.  "Look Daddy, Teacher says every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."

13.  "No!  No!  I want an official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"

14.  "Waker!  We have a waker!  And Santa's in there!"

15.  "This is my house!  I have to defend it!"


Check yourself.  Here are the answers:

1.  Clark Griswold, in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

2.  Billy Mack, in "Love Actually"

3.  George Bailey, in "It's A Wonderful Life"

4.  Linus, in "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

5.  The train conductor, in "The Polar Express"

6.  Kris Kringle, "Miracle on 34th Street"

7.  Buddy the Elf, in "Elf"

8.  Miles, in "The Holiday"

9.  Ebenezer Scrooge, in "A Christmas Carol"

10.  Mr. Grinch, in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

11.  Jessica Riggs, in "Prancer"

12.  Zuzu Bailey, in "It's A Wonderful Life"

13.  Ralphie, in "A Christmas Story"

14.  An elf at the North Pole Command Center, in "Arthur Christmas"

15.  Kevin, in "Home Alone"


What was your score?  While you bask in your glory, I'm going to check the TV guide.  Maybe there's a good movie on tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I only got a few of them right! I need to review some of these movies!

    ReplyDelete