Just to catch you up a bit in case you are new to this adventure of mine, here's a recap so far.
|One of these per week|
PLAN FOR WEEK #1 WAS:
To cut out all evening snacking completely. Nothing to eat between supper and bedtime. I'm still fighting to break this bad habit.
PLAN FOR WEEK #2 WAS:
To consume only one 16 ounce soda within a week.
To consume only one small glass of wine or adult beverage within a week.
COMMENTS FOLLOWING WEEK #2:
1. I received in the mail my order of the Les Mills Body Combat Workout program. Now I can look at it and at least wish I was in shape enough to begin using it. I know that may sound strange, but weirdly enough, that is a small thing that inspires me to greatness in the future. I've been very able to do those types of workouts in the past; I'll get there again.
2. I drank my entire weekly allowance of soda on Tuesday, just one day into the week. Why did I do that? I badly wanted a soda every day for the rest of the week, but I did reach my goal of consuming only one.
3. Appropriately, I had a margarita (my one allowed adult beverage of the week) on Saturday. In case you didn't know it, that day was National Margarita Day. Who decides these things? Whatever, I celebrated and still kept to my goal of just one per week.
4. There are an increasing number of fruits and vegetables in my refrigerator these days. I am trying to stick to the advice of most nutritionists who recommend shopping mostly only around the perimeter of the food store.
6. Tonight I'll be trying a new recipe using moose meat. If you look closely in the picture, you will see several moose steaks.
7. Son Caleb received notification just this morning that he had "won the gold" in a fitness challenge that was issued by Tony Horton a month ago. Tony Horton is a well known fitness guru and is the exercise guy featured in all those P90X fitness programs produced by the Beach Body fitness company. Click on this link to watch the video Horton posted featuring the challenge he issued and the winners:
POUNDS LOST DURING WEEK #2:
3.2 pounds (YAY!)
TOTAL AMOUNT LOST SO FAR:
PLAN FOR WEEK #3:
From now on, any time we eat out, I will split any restaurant meals in half, eating half there and taking the other half home. In my experience, serving portions at most restaurants are enough for two meals.
In addition to this new goal for week three, I will continue using the goals from the first two weeks.
This is definitely a work in progress, and it won't be finished overnight.
To be continued....