jillgoes

jillgoes

Friday, February 21, 2014

Baked Broccoli Recipe

It has been quite a while since I posted anything in the crafty and/or cooking Martha Stewart style department, although don't think I haven't been crafting and cooking.  In fact, I've been so crafty around here lately that I completely missed one entire holiday.  Valentine's Day zipped right by us here.  There were no cupidish/heartish things placed around, nor were there chocolates and flowers.  In fact, the fireplace mantel sat there bare as could be.  The hubby said I should've just left the Christmas nativity set there all the way until next Christmas.  But nah, that's not how I roll.

Sometimes life gets in the way of our best laid plans, though, doesn't it?

Some of the craftiness must wait to be shown until after a certain upcoming baby shower.  Some of the recipe trials, too.  Just know that there has been lots of good cookin' and craftin' going on here in these parts.  I wouldn't want you to think I've been laying around watching soaps and eating bon bons.

Here's one interesting recipe I tried recently and decided is a keeper.  This one comes from Teresa Price, the administrator of www.ThinItToWinIt.info.

Ingredients

1 head broccoli

2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced

2 to 3 Tablespoons olive oil

salt

pepper






Directions

Cut up the broccoli into florets and make sure it is completely dry.


Place all the ingredients into a large Zip-loc bag and give it a good shake.


Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the broccoli out on the pan.


Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  The edges will be a bit toasty and browned.


Usually when I make spaghetti, I serve it with salad and garlic bread.  For this meal I replaced the salad with this baked broccoli, and it was delicious.  


Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables, and I was so glad to find yet another delicious way of preparing it.  I would imagine you could make a similar recipe using a head of cauliflower.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment