jillgoes

jillgoes

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Verdicts Are In

Well, another Super Bowl has come and gone, and all the verdicts are in:

Game?  Boring.

Commercials?  A bit of a let down compared to years past.

Company?  Wonderful.  The best of friends.

The ingredients
Food?  Awesome.

And so, I'm going to share one of the recipes I used yesterday that was a particular hit with all.  I found this recipe one night during one of my late night Pinterest marathons.  I was looking for a colorful side dish to go along with my menu of Pork Bar-B-Q sliders, macaroni and cheese, and a veggie tray.

This recipe is from the website "Just A Pinch Recipes" and was contributed by Betsy Chesser.  She calls it Fruit Salad To Die For!  According to her, because her family loves it so much, she keeps it made and on hand at all times.

Wow.  That's quite a strong case for trying this salad, so I did.  And, as she predicted, it got a thumbs up from everyone at our little Super Bowl party.

This is one of those delightful recipes in which you just toss it all together, and you are good to go.  Although I made this recipe as written, I'm sure you could add any other fruits you have on hand.  Some similar recipes I saw added coconut flakes or mini marshmallows.

Ingredients

1 can pineapple chunks, in their own juice
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 bunch green grapes, halved
1 package strawberries, sliced however you want
1 small box of vanilla instant pudding (Jell-o brand only - others just don't taste right)
2 bananas



Directions

1.  Pour the pineapple, pineapple juice and all other fruits except the bananas into a bowl.

2.  Add the pudding mix and stir until creamy.

3.  Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.

4.  Slice the bananas and mix in right before serving.  

Enjoy!  

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think.  This one was a game night winner, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. We used to make that fruit salad recipe years ago . . . it's been a REALLY long time since I've had it, but I remember it being very good! I bet my boys would love it!

    ReplyDelete