jillgoes

jillgoes

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Update

I haven't posted for several days, because I'm out of my routine.  Terribly lame excuse, but true.  I'm just like a toddler - take me out of my routine, and I'm confused.

Ellie and her buddie
I'm still here at daughter Lindsay's house now, and although I was planning to drive home today, an ongoing 6 to 12 inch snowstorm is trapping me here.  Oh darn, more days I get to spend with funny little granddaughter Ellie.

I'm pretty sure the husband/lover/driver is barely surviving back at home.  By now he's probably about wasted away to nothing without his cook, and somebody probably ought to go look in on him.  He's probably almost out of clean underwear, too, without his personal laundress around.

Here, though, I'm pleased to report that the planning for the Mother Of All Baby Showers is taking a better turn.  After a bazillion dead ends, we have finally located a venue for this gala event, and other details are being worked on and completed.  We still have plenty of time, though, as the shower is scheduled for late in March.  This baby needs to cooperate with our plans.

While reading my favorite blogs this morning, I came across a question from the wonderful star of the RV Goddess blog.  Today she asked her readers whether anyone else's young grandchild spends hours of each day loading things into containers and carrying them around.

My definitive answer is YES.  I've watched little Ellie now for the last six days, loading all sorts of "important" stuff into bags, lunch sacks, purses, boxes, tote bags, and carrying it all away to somewhere.  From one room to another.

And then the repacking and reorganizing of the vessels begins all over again.

I took a look at the contents of one of her bags.  Just look, it's filled with all the "necessities" for a short trip from room to room.  Some flash cards, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of doll shoes, a rubber squiggly thingy, a plastic pouch with two chapsticks, and a green flute.


This is serious business, folks.  She is busy, busy, busy.

And it's all so much better when wearing a sheriff's vest over a princess dress, a pink sequined hat, and plastic pink play high heels with ostrich fur on the toes.

Why not.

And then in the middle of the packing/carrying/moving/repacking, sometimes one must take a break to sing and wiggle along to the song "Let It Go" from the movie soundtrack of "Frozen."

It's a tiring business but somebody's gotta do it.  And don't forget the shoes and socks need to go on and off, on and off, and on and off.

And one should always have a spare pair or two of shoes nearby, don't you think?


And then there's the potty training thing in the midst of all that other busyness.  No, let's not talk about that.  Today's not a good day to report on that.

Then there's that princess castle erected on the couch.  Doesn't everybody have one of those in their living room?


Sometimes it's just plain hard to get anything done in the midst of such an abundance of cuteness.

8 comments:

  1. An abundance of cuteness to be sure. Ah, I remember the days - treasure every one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sure do enjoy my time with her, especially since I only see her about once a month. I cannot believe she will be three in five months.

      Delete
  2. Her purse looks very familiar. Is that one my mom made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa, she loves it and loads and carries it everywhere! I think of your mother fondly every time I see it.

      Delete
  3. Please don't take any chances driving. The big guy back home will just have to suck it up and step up to the plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he really can be very resourceful when he needs to be.

      Delete
  4. I like the princess castle and the princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how all kids love playing in tents?

    ReplyDelete