jillgoes

jillgoes

Friday, May 10, 2013

Ready To Roll

At the crack of dawn tomorrow morning, 3:15 AM to be exact, we'll be heading for the airport and our destination of St. Lucia.

Sing it with me:

 "I'm leaving, on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again..."

Oh geez, I'm dating myself.

Anyway,  I'm ready to roll.  So ready.

The suitcases are packed.
The carry-ons are loaded with plenty of snacks and enough reading material to take us to China.
The passports and airline boarding passes are stashed in the purse.
Suitcase fees have been pre-paid.
The laundry has been washed, dried, and put away.
The dishwasher has been loaded and run.
All trash cans have been emptied, and the trash has been taken out.
The hair is colored, cut and styled.
Nails have had a manicure, and toes have had a pedi.
I've showered, shaved and plucked myself.
I've watered all the houseplants.
I've left notes all around the house for son Caleb, who is holding down the fort.
I've left plenty of treats for the puppy.
I've read and re-read all our travel brochures and documents over and over and over and over and....

So yes, can you tell I'm ready?  Just sittin' here waiting for the hubby to get home from work, watching the clock hands move way too slowly, and anxious for tomorrow morning to get here.  

Is 2:00 in the afternoon too early to go to bed?




2 comments:

  1. I hope your trip is as great as your expectation. Have fun and keep us updated, if you can tear yourself away from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have some fun for me! Best wishes for safe travels!

    ReplyDelete