None, in spite of following all the healthy eating and life changes I've adopted over the last three weeks.
Could I be discouraged? Well, yeah, a little. I'm human and I like to see my efforts paying off. Even just a little.
Plans for weeks #1 to 3 were:
Eliminate all evening snacking.
Limit soda to one 16 ounce bottle per week and wine to one small glass per week.
Cut all restaurant meals in half, eating half and taking home the other half for another meal.
Comments following week #3:
1. I ordered a beginners workout video and it arrived, "Shapely Girls." My plan is still to wait for my next surgery follow up appointment before attempting any exercise plan.
2. I am doing this life change as if it's my job, because it is. It's my job to get fit and healthy. Just as I wouldn't skip going to work for several days, so also I won't just skip doing what I need to do for myself for a day or two here or there.
3. We had an interesting, and I think healthy, dinner the other night which included moose steaks. You can read about it here if you missed it.
4. I have no idea why I thought it was a good (or healthy) idea to make fried wings on Tuesday night. I suppose the only good thing is that I just ate two. They weren't worth the effort.
5. I've found that a having a cup of peppermint tea in the evening will ward off cravings to snack. (So will watching "Hoarders" on The Learning Channel.)
6. I've started carrying Stevia, a natural sweetener, in my purse again. I'd rather use that in my coffee than those pink, blue, or yellow sweeteners on restaurant tables. I'm able to buy this at my grocery store.
7. Yes, I'm fighting off a bit of discouragement over losing absolutely no weight this week, however, I'm still down about three pounds in three weeks, so that is what I will choose to focus on.
Pounds lost during week #3:
A big fat zero.
Total amount lost so far (3 weeks):
Plan for week #4:
Begin serious portion control.
It's been three weeks so far, and I'm not stopping now...