jillgoes

jillgoes

Thursday, March 27, 2014

He Threatened Me Yet Again

The hubby
This has been going on for many years now.  Too many years.  Probably since right after I married this man almost 36 years ago.

The threats, the scares, and the promises not ever carried out.

And, he did it again the other night.  He came home and threatened again.

He said, "I was gonna order him to take it all off.  I was gonna, really.  And I almost did.  I got this close."  (He says this as he puts two of his pudgy fingers almost together.)

I said, "Yeah, yeah, you've threatened me with THAT before."

Back in the beginning I used to say, "NO!  NO!  NO!  Don't do it!!!"

And then I'd be a wreck, worrying that ultimately he'd do it.

Although these vicious threats continue to come, he's never yet followed through.

You see, every time he goes to the barber, and he went again the other night, as soon as the barber gets clipping, the hubby has these irrational thoughts and thinks of telling him to "just shave it all off."

He goes into some sort of brainless stupor when his hair is being combed, cut, or even just touched.  He thinks weird thoughts, like thinking having no hair would be a good thing.

 I wouldn't like that.

I like him having some hair on his head.

I think he has a nice head of hair (even though it's turning grayish white awfully fast these days.)

I don't want him to follow through on his threat and just look silly.  The growing out of that irrational decision would not be a pretty process with the stick straight kind of hair he has.

Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of handsome men out there who have no hair, or who willingly choose to shave their heads and keep them that way.

And there's those folks who've lost their hair due to chemotherapy treatments - now that's another true beauty of a different sort.

But him?  Willingly lose his hair?  No.  No, no, no.

He needs to stop making these horrid threats each time.

Either that, or I'll have to find a way to fight back.  This has gone on way too long.

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Nah, it's definitely through his hair.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should threaten to shave your head if he shaves his, but then you may have to go through with it and reflection of the sun off of both shiny domes (grin).

    ReplyDelete