And so now I'm gonna
1. Now, in addition to washi tape, I'm becoming obsessed with those tiny little libraries that are popping up all over. First I read about them in a magazine, and then just a few days later I saw one in a nearby town.
Then, days after that, I saw two of them, right here in my own town, installed in front of a local church.
Here's a closer view, in case you've never seen one of them:
These tiny take-a-book-give-a-book libraries have spread the written word from Utah to Uganda. I'm a voracious reader and I completely support literacy efforts of any sort, so that's why these little book boxes intrigue me.
In fact, I think I've decided that I MUST have one of these mini free libraries, and I want it right out front of my house. Isn't this one beautiful? Wouldn't it go nicely on the corner of my cedar fencing?
For more information, or to see other tiny libraries, go to the Little Free Library website.
2. Son Caleb, who has a job as a fitness coach (see his fitness transformation and website here), sometimes has trouble with healthy portion control. Especially when eating pretzels.
3. Daughter Lindsay is an amazing hair stylist. Isn't granddaughter Ellie looking so sweet with this unique hairstyle? I love her to pieces.
I've decided to STOP getting manicures. I call it "Financial Practicing for Retirement."
5. I'm heading up into the mountains again, spending time with some family members relaxing in the family cabin. Hopefully there will be lots of good books, a crackling fireplace, and plenty of good food. Lord knows I've got enough of it packed to go,
and you're not even seeing the filled coolers. We just might starve.
Puppy Sheila has her belongings ready to go too. Last time her master Caleb packed a bit light on her puppy chow. She loves to go up into the mountains. Eat sticks, run around in the dry leaves, sniff bear poo. It doesn't get any better than that.
6. Today was picture day for the second graders at the elementary school. Here are grandtwins Tori and Brianna, looking quite spiffy for the occasion. Let's just hope pictures happen BEFORE recess.
So off I go. I need to package up my scattered thoughts, oh, and the refrigerated foods, too.
Have a great weekend, folks!