jillgoes

jillgoes

Monday, April 22, 2013

First Year Blogiversary!

Yesterday, April 21st, was the first year blogiversary of this little blog.  How does the time fly like that?  I clearly remember making the monumental purchase of my first point and shoot camera early in 2012.  Even now, I still don't know what all of its capabilities are.

In one year, I made 317 posts, and those posts have acquired 43,532 page views.  Wow!  I'm certainly grateful to my readers who keep coming back each day to read what I write about and who sometimes comment, too.  Without readers, what would be the fun of blogging?

How did I spend my blogiversary, you may well ask?  Well, by taking a break from blogging, of course.

The husband/lover/chauffeur and I took a ride because it was finally a gorgeous sunny day.  We drove to one of our favorite state parks, the Raymond B. Winter State Park, to re-look at the campsites.  Our goal was to make a new list of all the sites that will easily accommodate our new fifth wheel before we make any reservations, since we are still learning how to maneuver and park this monster.

En route, I spoke to one of my granddaughters, who excitedly told me all about how she just lost her first tooth.  The report this morning following a visit from the tooth fairy is quite nice.  It seems that the fairy left $2 under Tori's pillow.  When Tori woke up and found the money, she quickly ran to twin Brianna's room and slid one of the dollars under her pillow.  How sweet is that?

Then later in the evening, Caleb and I had an enjoyable mother/son date.  We went to see an incredible acapella music group, "Voca People."  More to come on that in a future post.

For now, I leave you with a humorous flashback to the very first post I made, back on April 21, 2012:


READY.  SET.  GO.


Hi.  This is Jill.  See Jill go.  Jill is making a blog.  Go Jill go.



3 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I probably spelled that wrong:P I've enjoyed reading your posts for a while now (even though I can't comment on all of them) and I hope you keep going Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work. Believe me, there are definitely days when it gets hard to keep blogging but we sure do enjoy it when you do post. May not always comment but we do read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great work and Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete