jillgoes

jillgoes

Thursday, January 4, 2018

The Gift

Christmas has come and gone. Miles were traveled to spend time with the family. The New Year was adequately welcomed, though not with sauerkraut in this household. The company has gone home. All that glorious chaos is over and done.

I'm not a huge fan of New Year's resolutions, so I decided to make my first blog post of this new year a reprint of a poem I had written a year ago during the holidays. It reminds me of the true GIFT of the season, and I hope it will help you focus on what's truly important as we open a brand new calendar.

"I Have You, Jesus"


Here we are

Just four days from Christmas
I have everything
I could need or want
For I have you, Jesus

Outside my home, chaos looms
Shoppers, decorators, salespeople
People driving too fast, intent on their preparations
Not me, though
I have you, Jesus

My heart is full
My mind is at peace
I'm satisfied
I feel no need
For I have you, Jesus

Bells are ringing outside Wal-Mart
Children are singing in holiday concerts
The market is bustling
Grocery stores are re-stocking
I'm good.  I have you, Jesus

Gifts are piled
Trees are decorated
Stockings are hanging
Manger scenes are arranged
And I have you, Jesus

The company will come
The presents will be given
Children will toss the wrappings
Not knowing that you are the Gift
So thankful, for I have you, Jesus

All the chaos settles
The holiday ends
Folks go home
The parties fade
But you are here always, and I have you, Jesus

You are everything, Lord
The beginning and the end
The Gift now and forever
My peace and my joy
So thankful I am, for I have you, Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Teton's titanium melting point - Teton.
    Teton has a melting point of around 80 times. titanium tv alternative These can be either over a hundred thousand or hundreds of million. ceramic vs titanium The Teton crystal titanium necklace core is a crystal titanium guitar chords core 2013 ford focus titanium hatchback of

    ReplyDelete