jillgoes

jillgoes

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

THE RACE

I've signed up for THE RACE, but

Today I don't feel like "pressing on."
Today I feel lethargic.
I slept too late.
I slept too long.

Today my eyes are foggy and tired.
I can barely even see the finish line way out there.

How did it get so far away?
I can't possibly run that far!

Did I sign up for this?
I don't even have good sneakers!

That prize just seems so unattainable.
So out of my reach.
What was I thinking?

I'm probably gonna start strong, then end up walking anyway.
Like I always do.
I'll never win, no chance of that.

My sneakers have holes, they're worn out.
No cleats, and I barely have the strength to bend down and lace them up.

I'll probably come in last, just barely dragging myself over the finish line.

Wait...what?

I have my own personal cheering team?
Jesus is here?
Jesus, you are here?
You want to coach me?

Remind me about that prize again...

Ok, then.

Thanks, Lord, for reminding me again what's at stake here.
Thank you for helping me suit up today, Jesus.
Thank you for bending down and lacing up my sneaks for me.
Thanks for clearing up my vision and helping me again to see the prize at the end.
Thanks for training me, too, for I know this is definitely not a sprint.
Thanks for giving me your love,
   your courage,
   your motivation,
   your energy,
   your determination.

And that prize.  Oh, that prize!
Let's go win that thing!

Yeah, let's do this.
Together.
With you cheering me on from the end,

I WILL WIN.

"I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."  (Philippians 3:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment